New blog redesign. Come help me kick the tires!
After 3 years of using the same skin, and functionality I've decided that it's time to whip up something new. So welcome to the newly designed, and rethought, andyMatthews.net. If you're in the web development indudstry you know that things change at such a rapid pace that it's difficult to keep up. Well, the same holds true for UI. The old blog was a little tough to read, and was very cluttered. This new design is much cleaner...focusing on the content, which is why you're here after all right?
Some of the new functionality that I'm proud of?
- New search box in the top right. Currently it only searches categories, but it's a good start.
- Condensed sidebar. I decided to group all similar content together. Rather than having a super long list of projects, presentations, and downloads I've grouped them into a popover which allows quick access to those items from anywhere on the site.
- Decided to start using Github gists for my inline code samples. They're not perfect, but they're better than what I had and they also include color-coding.
What's else can you expect?
- First and foremost I'd like to make this site responsive. That means that anyone viewing it, on any device, should be able to see and use the content.
- The site is simple enough but I'd like to jazz it up with some backend functionality courtesy of Backbone or Ember.
Who's to thank?
- Well, you can thank me as I did most of the legwork.
- Site framework courtesy of HTML 5 Boilerplate.
- Web fonts courtesy of Google Web Fonts.
- Popovers in the left sidebar courtesy of a highly edited version of Twitter Bootstrap
Lend me a hand?
While I'm pretty confident I killed most bugs in the new design I'm sure I didn't get all of them. If you notice anything out of the ordinary would you mind letting me know? Add in your OS, browser, and version if you don't mind, along with a URL of the page you were viewing.