1018 Fairwin Avenue Nashville, TN 37216 615-414-5533 firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been working as a web and application developer for 16 years, with experience in a wide range of industries, and a skillset which includes UI/UX, programming, graphic design, business strategy and planning, and marketing. Throughout my career I have been privileged to work on projects which interfaced with industry giants such as Craigslist, written code that allowed Enterprise level sales teams to quickly and efficiently build presentations for their clients, and stayed current on trends in the marketplace by helping clients transition to newer, more effective, coding habits and standards. I have received certifications, spoken to users at conferences around the country, authored books, and developed software for the open source community.
I love this industry. It is my passion, and I want to continue developing the skills I have been building over the last decade.
- Grow businesses through well-coded, well-designed, and efficient public and private applications.
- To expand and increase my skillset by seeking out and conquering obstacles on the road to business success.
- 16 years of professional web and application development experience.
- Software proficiencies: ColdFusion Builder, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, Fireworks, Flash, Flex, Git, Illustrator, MySQL, Photoshop, SQL Server, SVN/Subversion.
- Server administration proficiencies: Apache, ColdFusion, IIS.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies, methods, and best practices quickly and easily.
User Experience Lead: Goba.mobi - Nashville, TN - Nov. 2010 - Present
- Production of graphical assets needed to drive the Goba.mobi web, mobile web, iPhone, and Android applications.
- Design and development of rich, compelling user interfaces.
- I architected the user flow for the current version of the Goba.mobi website.
- I designed, and architected the current versions of the Goba.mobi iPhone, Android, and mobile website applications.
Senior ColdFusion Developer: Dealerskins - Nashville, TN - Jan. 2007 - Present
- I was a key part of the entire software design process for application development including scoping and timelining, design and development, business deployment and marketing.
- I was integral to the establishment of enterprise level architecture decisions and policies.
- I assisted in solidifying application security across the entire Dealerskins codebase.
- I mentored junior level, and other senior level, developers.
- I wrote detailed technical and user documentation.
- I was one of two authors of the Dealerskins coding guidelines and best practices handbook.
- I acted as liason between the development team and other departments.
- I co-architected a complete rewrite (from Flash to HTML/JS/CSS) of our front end inventory application.
- I designed and developed an AJAX application which integrated with 3rd party web services to allow car dealerships to post vehicles classified ads to Craigslist.
- I was lead architect and designer of a custom Flex application for statistical reporting.
- I saved Dealerskins $224,000 per year in licensing fees by writing an AJAX-based coupon application.
- I wrote an HTML/JS/Blaze DS based AIR application which allowed management to instantly broadcast messages to all employees.
- I improved employee record storage and retrieval by designing and developing an employee directory AIR application written in Flex and AS3.
ColdFusion Developer: ICG Link, Inc. - Brentwood, TN - Feb. 2004 Dec. 2006
- I acted as project manager, designer, and developer on a wide range of small to medium websites.
- I performed database design and development in MySQL.
- I developed an extensive codebase used in content management systems for ICG Link clients.
- I was instrumental in transitioning ICG Link website design from table-based HTML to standards compliant xHTML & CSS.
Developer: Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau - Nashville, TN - Feb. 2001 Feb. 2004
- I designed and developed sites in both Flash and standards compliant xHTML
- I acted as Assistant Content manager for www.nashvillecvb.com.
- I developed an Intranet, as well as a searchable database of high-res photography of Nashville points of interest.
Designer / Developer: Netcentral - Nashville, TN - June 1999 Dec. 2000
- I produced graphics, complete websites, HTML code, and various other collateral material for large to Enterprise sized websites.
- I wrote much of the HTML code for BooksAMillion.com.
- I wrote a Point of Sale intranet website used in Books-a-Million stores nationwide.
- Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, BBEdit, HTML, CSS
Freelance Consultant: commadelimited - Nashville, TN - Feb. 1997 present
- I developed standards compliant websites, content management systems, and iPhone applications.
- I worked with the Gaylord Opryland Hotel Sales department to develop a custom presentation builder.
- I wrote and developed a custom Content Management System used for all client sites, as well as both blogs I maintain.
- 360|Flex - Denver, Colorado: April 2012
- Adobe MAX - Los Angeles, California: October 2010
- BFlex / BFusion Bloomington, Indiana: October 2009
- cf.Objective() - Minneapolis, Minnesota: May 2009, April 2010, May 2011, May 2012
- CFinNC Raleigh, North Carolina: October 2009
- CFUnited - Washington D.C.: August 2009
- D2WC - Kansas City, Kansas: June 2010, July 2011
- Boston ColdFusion User Group July 2010
- Bay Area ColdFusion User Group January 2010
- Interactive Developers of Nashville January 2012
- Nashville Flash Platform User Group September 2009
- Nashville ColdFusion User Group April 2009, April 2007
- I blog at http://andymatthews.net using a custom content management system. My articles about ColdFusion, Flex, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, and Rich Internet Application Development average about 22,000 visitors per month.
I have written multiple open source projects, most of which are available on Github:
- jQuery Mobile Boilerplate - a one stop shop for creating a new jQuery Mobile project.
- openExchangeRateCFC - openExchangeRateCFC - A ColdFusion wrapper for the Open Exchange Rate project
- instagramCFC - instagramCFC - InstagramCFC is a ColdFusion wrapper for the Instagram photo sharing API
- foursquareCFC - ColdFusion wrapper for the foursquare social networking API
- pastebinCFC - pastebinCFC is a ColdFusion wrapper for the PasteBin code snippet storage API
- dribbbleCFC - ColdFusion wrapper for the dribbble design showcase API
- tumblrCFC - ColdFusion wrapper for the Tumblr blogging API
- shrinkURL - An API wrapper for multiple URL shortening services
- picasaCFC - A Picasa Web Albums RSS viewer
- Undelivrnator - Automates the respooling of undelivered emails within ColdFusion
Achievements & Accomplishments
- Author - jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials - Packt Publications, 2012
- Adobe Community Professional 2011
- ColdFusion 7 Certification - September 2007
- ColdFusion 6 Advanced Certification - June 2006
Social Media Involvement
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/commadelimited
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/andymatthews
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/andymatthews
- Graduate: Bloomingdale Senior High School - Brandon, FL - June 1989